Feel free to browse, but try not to carouse! Ho ho!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2012 Sketchbook Project

I just mailed off my submission for the 2012 Sketchbook Project with the Brooklyn Art House Co-op! The theme I chose was "Encyclopedia of..." and naturally I turned it into "The Encyclopedia of Water Nymphs." I crammed it all into the last second, but it was really fun. I mailed it a day late but paid an arm and a leg to get it there quickly, so fingers crossed there are no problems!


Front and Back Cover! It looks a little like a 5 year old made it, but whatevs, I had fun with the 3D Puff Paint.



Octopus Hair!



Salty Sailor Lass



These mermies mark my first experiences with a brush pen! I'm officially in love.



Betta Battle...



Naiads!



Selkie Girl!



Geisha Mermaid!



Ningyo!


So I wrote that paragraph after a huge lack of sleep, and I just realized now that I kept writing "Morrow" instead of "Merrow." My bad! I'm appalled with myself.





Hippie Mermaid!


Hehe. Mermaid Pun.


I drew sooooo many mermaids. There are a lot more if you get a chance to see the book when it goes on tour, but these were all my favorites. What's yours?

2 comments: