Feel free to browse, but try not to carouse! Ho ho!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Awkward Giraffe?

The time has come for my first post...it is long overdue. You ready?


The Giraffe. An African even-toed ungulate mammal, the tallest of all land-living animal species, and the largest ruminate. [wikipedia] (AKA...The giraffe is an african hooved mammal who happens to be the tallest land-living animal who eats plants through regurgiation.) It also happens to be my all time favorite animal. For my animal drawing class last semester we visited the zoo about once a week, and I fell in love with these beauties. They somehow manage to exhibit both a majestic grandeur as well as a bumbling awkwardness which makes me relate to them on so many levels. There are times when I feel really majestic just because of my height....especially when I wear heels. But then five minutes later I feel like an awkward giraffe who sticks out like a sore thumb. So....to pay homage to these fabulous creatures, I give you some of my favorite work from the class.


p.s. If you would like to hear about the REAL awkward giraffe, please feel free to ask me next time you see me. It is quite a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment